Exchange Links with our Website and Find Links to Related Websites
Classic Green Bean Casserole
Navigation: Main page
Author: ARA(ARA) - It's no secret that the holiday season, more than any other time of year, is rooted in traditions. At the core are family, friends and food. Every year, millions of Americans make the time-honored trek to gather around the holiday table with friends and loved ones. In fact, AAA expects more than 63 million people to travel this year, to reconnect and share the long-awaited holiday meal -- the centerpiece of the celebration.
Green Bean Casserole
Prep: 10 minutes
Bake: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 Servings
2 cans (10 3/4 ounces each) Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
1 cup of milk
1/4 teaspoons soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
8 cups cooked, cut green beans
1 can (6 ounces) French's French Fried Onions (2 2/3 cups)
1. Stir soup, milk, soy sauce, pepper, beans and 1 1/3 cups onions in 3-quart casserole.
2. Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes or until hot. Stir.
3. Top with remaining onions. Bake for 5 minutes more.
At the heart of the holiday meal are classic recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. From New York to California, the table is set with favorite dishes including turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, and the Green Been Casserole -- an iconic recipe first popularized on a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup over a half a century ago. Made with a few simple ingredients that have stood the test of time, more than 30 million households serve this side dish every year as part of their holiday menu. For a new spin on the original recipe, try one of these simple variations:
* Stir in drained water chestnuts to add an extra crunch
* Add Cheddar cheese into the green bean mixture and as a topping for a cheesy twist on the classic
* Incorporate chopped red bell pepper to add festive color and zesty flavor
For more great holiday recipes and details on how you can honor the "holiday hostess" in your family, visit www.winandgive.com.
Courtesy of ARA Content
Zesty Chicken Parmesan with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Mother's Day Coleslaw